THEY MADE A MOVIE OF HER LIFE!
Laced with humor, Joan’s presentations inspire you to see the beautiful, funny and remarkable adventures that happen in our lives every day. Joan’s presentations will give you the tools to experience life through all of your senses.
At the age of 32, Joan Brock suddenly lost her sight from a rare eye disease, in a three week period...WHILE working at a school for blind children. Five years later she tragically lost her husband to cancer and was left to raise her young daughter as a blind, single parent.
In her presentations, attendees will see parallels to their own challenges. Joan’s topics explore the vision of success, which must be shared by all the members of an effective and enduring organization. Her sparkling delivery and original style endear her to audiences who are charmed into a new way of looking at themselves and into breathing new life into the demands of a changing world climate.
Joan is the author of Two books. Her newest release, Come to Your Senses, is a guide to using all of your senses in order to assist you in leading a positive an productive life. Her autobiography, More Than Meets the Eye, written with Derek L. Gill, was originally published in 1994. It has been translated into several languages and is also a Reader’s Digest Condensed Books. Both books are available wherever books are sold, at her conferences and a personalized copy can be delivered through an order form on this web site.
Over time, Joan has been featured in many books, sharing her story of hope and courage. Most recently author Clifford E. Olstrom included Joan in his amazing book, Undaunted by Blindness. This publication is a concise list of Biographies of Four Hundred People Who Refused to Let Visual Impairment Define Them. She was also included in a coffee table book as one of 35 inspirational women in America, titled Believing in Ourselves.
In 2003, Joan’s amazing life story was portrayed in a Lifetime Television Network movie, titled More Than Meets the Eye: The Joan Brock Story.
- "In thirty years of conducting FRA Annual Meetings Joan Brock’s presentation stands out as the most meaningful and inspiring program we have ever booked with an outside the industry speaker. Those joint FRA/PFA members who heard Joan speak at our 2005 Annual Meeting will agree with my praise, and those members who attend the OFA 2012 Annual Meeting will quickly grasp why I feel the way I do about Joan Brock. Simply put she is a remarkable woman. You will never forget her story.” - Forest Resources Association President Richard Lewis, January, 2012
- “Joan is one of the most powerful speakers I have listened to and know that the approximate two thousand people in attendance with me were touched by her emotional message… Though her story fits perfectly with the educator world, I would recommend her for any speaking venue.”
- Mr. Micah Lewis, Superintendent, Liberty-Eylau Independent School District, Texarkana, Texas
- Order Joan's Books, "Come to Your Senses; An Inspirational Guide for Using All of Your Senses" and "More Than Meets the Eye"
- What a caterpillar calls the end of the world, God calls a butterfly. - Unknown Author
Joan Speaks to the Army
Member National Speakers Association
- "After being captured by the early chapters of Joan Brock's story, I locked my door, pulled out the telephone jack, and read it from cover to cover...It is an absolutely wonderful book."
-Betty White, star of The Golden Girls, film & stage